Minutes of Meeting
16th August 2018
The Carers Centre, Woodlands, Bath
Apologies; Kirsty Evered, Claire Abrahams
Attended; Gay Griffen, Marianna Zatkova, Ruth Burrows, Tamsin Green, Sophie Sidonio,
Rachel Thomas, Annie Carpenter, Sharon Farrington, Jane Eades, Sophie Spinks
- Welcome & Introductions
- New Treasurer Role
Marianna Zatkova has stepped in to take over the Treasurer role vacancy. Claire Abrahams has designed a more up to date expense form for BPCV. The group agreed the new treasury position and also agreed that all expenses must be given in to Marianna by the end of each month.
It was decided that BPCV will arrange for the group to have a petty cash facility to pay for miscellaneous items and Coffee Mornings.
We also discussed whether we should change banks after HSBC’s difficulties with adding extra signatories (GG, MZ, AC)
The group also wanted to thank Cora Fisher, our former Treasurer, for all her hard work and help in her treasury role.
The Grant Monitoring has now been passed and signed off by Contact.
- Forthcoming Meetings/Events
Finance Meeting – Thurs 6th September, 10.00 -12.00 (AC, GG & CA)
Parent Participation Meeting, Weds 12th September, 9.30 at the Civic Centre, Keynsham (GG, Ac & MZ)
Send Strategy Group Meeting – Thurs 20th September, Three Ways School, 9.30-1.00 (GG, MZ & AC)
BPCV Training Session with Kate Rowe – Thurs 27th September, 10.00-2.00 (Inc. lunch) The Three Café, Three Ways School, Bath.
BPCV Steering Group Meeting – Monday 22nd October, The Three Cafe, Three Ways Café, Bath 10.00-12.00. (All)
BPCV Coffee Support Meeting – Thursday 22ndth November, 10.00-12.00, Fosseway Café, Fosseway School, Radstock (All)
BPCV Christmas Event – The group agreed that our Christmas Event will be held at Saltford Golf Club. Annie to book venue with possible dates being 6/12, 7/12, 13/12, 14/12 (AC)
- Any other Business
Feedback from the Short Breaks Re-Commission – Tamsin
As part of the SB recommissioning process, PCV representatives have attended a number of meetings with the BANES Short Breaks Strategic Commissioning Officer and current SB providers. A PCV representative has also given written feedback on the draft SB specification, and attended consultation meetings with Young Carers and the SB Strategic Commissioning Officer to help devise ‘questions for providers’.
The SB specification for providers has been drafted, and includes a number of amendments from previous years, including:
– life skills training to be included in overnight breaks and young adult SB
– holiday clubs for disabled CYP only (no siblings) the dates of which will be changed to suit families
– SB provision to include whole family outings – do not know what form this will take until SB providers come back to tender
– SB provision has been devised through consultation with parent Carers, and disabled CYP and their young carer siblings. This year the consultation included questions for providers from Young Carers only as there were no disabled CYP present at the meeting. Nevertheless, this is a good consultation model to follow at the next SB recommissioning.
The specification, together with questions for providers, will now go out to tender.
ADSS Best Practice Event 17th October at Exeter – Tamsin
Tamsin is attending this event and will be contacting parent carers via BPCV for feedback and questions on transitions into adulthood (TG)
Rainbow Resource Launch
The Rainbow Resource has been updated with new features and easier post code searches.
- Date of next meeting – Monday 22nd October, 10.00-12.00, The Three Café, Three Ways School, Bath.